Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Chapter 6

This chapter involved turning some of the 'cut and fold' designs in paper in to bonded fabric appliqué using Bondaweb. I used some crystal organza for these but I may have a go with some other fabrics.


Sample 1

Sample 2

Sample 3


Sample 4

Sample 5

This next lot are done with coloured tissue paper and I think I prefer these.


Sample 6


Sample 7


Sample 8


Sample 9

Sample 10

BTW these samples are all about 4" square.

One of the suggested methods was to bond snippets of fabric under a layer of net.


Sample 11

and then cut a shape from it to bond to the background fabric. This sample also has a shape cut from painted bondaweb on the top of it.


Sample 12

I used some of the fabric I dyed last week for this sample with a some more painted bondaweb on the top purple shape.

Sample 13

These last 2 samples are some bits I had left over so rather than waste them I bonded them to some left over of fabric.

Sample 14


Sample 15

3 comments:

Stephanie M said...

I love your colours. Looks like you're having fun with the shapes.

Mary said...

wonderful colours and patterns

Papoosue said...

What a good idea Susan, now I have another interesting place to look! x