Sunday, 24 February 2008

Chapter 2 - Tonal Column in Stitchery

This Chapter covers tone in Hand Stitching.

Sample A
Cross Stitch with black and white threads on 12 count Aida

The next samples are Tone using 'Blackwork'.

Firstly I had to use graph paper to draw a pattern where as you added another stitch to each row you would get a darker tone by the time you got to the end. I got a bit carried away and ended up doing 3 samples, B, C and D.

Sample B

Sample C

Sample D

Next I had to vary the spacing between each row. I used a cross pattern and gradually increased the space between each row and each cross as I got further down the sample.

Sample E

Lastly I had to do a sample where various thickness of thread where used to obtain the tone, I also increased the space in between each row as I went.


Sample F

Samples with graph paper patterns.





1 comment:

Duran said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.