Sunday, 2 March 2008

Chapter 5 - Patterned Papers - Monoprinting

I spent this afternoon doing some Monoprinting.

Firstly I painted the pattern on to a cheap cutting board that I got in the 99p shop in town.




The next lot are from when I was cleaning the board and the ink had diluted a bit with the water I was painting on and left patches. So I thought 'what would happen if I painted diluted ink on??' Well you get these patterns - close ups of rino or elephant skin perhaps???




The last lot are when I spread the ink on with a credit card and used a narrow piece to make the pattern in the ink. It was exciting because I didn't know what effect I would get until I took the paper off.



You can see some more of this type of Monoprint on my other blog.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the same thing when I come to making patterns on fabric later in this module.


Composite sheet of patterned papers

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Susan, these are amazing, I really love the last one. It looks so
3D. I haven't had more time to play, but its good having the notes there for future reference. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

Garnered Stitches said...

This brings back memories. I hope you are enjoying this module, it can be quite a shock just to using black and white, and then again a nice change! I'm on module three and having fun with pinks and greens. Stephanie was right about the bobbin carriage - it's really useful to have a second one which can have it's tention changed, giving you lots more samples!!!!
Best wishes

Fiona said...

really enjoying seeing all your samples, this and your stitching. they look fab. what are you going to do with them all?

Stephanie M said...

Your monoprints are so exciting! I love the diluted ink prints. I hope you find these inspiring as you progress with the module.