Monday, 1 September 2008

Chapter 10 - 'Piecing' A Method of Cutting and Seaming

I used Photoshop to do this first exercise in Chapter 10. The idea is to cut and rearrange black and white paper until you get interesting patterns.



Next I made one of the design up in fabric but by the time I'd finished it wasn't anything like I intended.

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6


Stage 7

Sian set an additional challenge to take a section of the original fabric sample and cut and seam it until you couldn't do it any more. I should have cut it into uneven sizes because it got smaller and smaller as I went.




2 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Cool! That sure is a lot of intricate work!

Jan said...

this is a fascinating journey, i just love the details of how you eventually 'get there'.
Jan x