Monday, 8 June 2009

Chapter 12 A Resolved Sample

I made a stamp using some 'funky foam' cut to shape and stuck to a piece of polystyrene.


Ist layer - I used some orange fabric paint to stamp on to a piece of yellow fabric.


2nd Layer - embellishing machine to attach a piece of crystal organza to the stamped fabric.


3rd Layer - machine stitched spirals using blue thread on the bobbin and yellow on top, sewing from the back to get whip stitch on the front.


I then couched various thickness of threads - machine made cords, knotted cords to the background.


Finished resolved sample


Close ups of resolved sample.

1 comment:

sara said...

Thank you for your help with photos for blog. I have printed it and will try it out.
Also I wonder what the OCA courses are like- had thought of doing a degree with them as next stage. Sara