Thursday, 12 November 2009

Chapter 6 Drawn Thread Work Stitchery

Sample 1 - I withdraw the threads from the middle to the sides then zig zag machined over the resulting grid. Finally I hand stitched the loose threads down.



Sample 2 - threads withdrawn then zig zag machined at various intervals then various hand stitching.


Sample 3 - threads withdrawn horizontally and vertically , zig zag machine vertical lines with hand stitching then ribbons threaded through horizontally.


Sample 4 - withdrawn threads horizontally and vertically, zig zag stitched then vertical hand stitch.

NB think I need to use a darker thread for the hand stitch, it doesn't show up.



Samples 5-7 - I think I need to add more machine or hand stitching to these samples, they are a bit plain????




NB I need to think more outside the box - these samples are very repetitive and symmetrical and apart from the 1st sample a bit plain.

Update I did some more stitching on to one of the plainer samples.

2 comments:

Thimble Fingers said...

Great samples and nice colours. They look like they would've taken a lot of time to create.

Hazel said...

What pretty grids susan - lovely colours - I especially like sample 1