Monday, 8 February 2010

Chapter 11 Embroidered Panel

My Embroidered panels are the outside covers of a Star book that contain black and white family photographs.

I made 2 pieces of paper approximately 7 x 9 inches with a piece of drawn thread fabric embedded into it.

When dried I embroidered the strands left in the fabric in pink and green threads.  Then I covered metal washers with the same threads and attached them down one side.

 

Front cover


Back cover 

I coloured scrim in matching pink and green, cut it up into small strips and attached them to a piece of rug making canvas for the spine.



Rag rugged spine

  

Covers and spine before attaching to rest of star book

 

 Covers and spine attached



  

  

Finished Star book 

I scanned family photographs and printed them before attaching them with photograph corners to the first piece of cartridge paper.  I cut windows out of the other two pieces of cartridge paper before making up the Star Book.



2 comments:

Sandy said...

Very nice. My star book looks ordinary now.

Hazel said...

delicious! looks good enough to eat