You will notice I've turned on Comment moderation. I was tired of getting spam for dubious products, anyone that's had the same will know what I mean. Glad to see Blogger has done something about it though "We have enabled automatic spam detection for comments." Hopefully that will deal with it.
I made it by the skin of my teeth. My C & G registration runs out on Saturday so I've been hard at work on my wall hanging (see last post) so I wouldn't have to pay another 3 years registration.
I've enjoyed my 3 years C & G and learnt a lot although I'm still not as adventurous as I could be but perhaps that is just my 'style'.
I could go on to do the Diploma but I've decided to go back to studying Textiles with The Open College of the Arts as each Module will be assessed and count towards their BA Hons Textiles degree when it is validated by their accrediting University which is Bucks New University hopefully some time next year.
I'll leave this blog up on the world wide web in case anyone stumbles across it and finds it interesting.
I've finished my wall hanging at last. This is the design I went with .....
..... and this is how it turned out. I've had to put it on the floor to photograph it as I envisage it being hung from hooks on a wall. As my theme was the hose pipe ban in the North West of England I used a piece of hose pipe through the fabric loops which would then hang from the hooks.
I wanted to use spiral wires to suspend the blue parts so it looks as if they where floating over the background but when I came to hold it up they flopped so I had to stitch some beads occasionally to hold them on to the background but I still think it works.
I used hand dyed cotton in blues and greens then machine stitched blue organza on top. I cut the shapes out then used my soldering iron to cut away parts of the organza to show the fabric underneath before attaching to stiff adhesive backed fabric.
close up a
close up b
close up c
The background is hand dyed then I discharged spirals before machine stitching in the space in between. I was going to gather the fabric but it didn't work so I undid it.
The finished Wall Hanging for this Module has to be A1 (24 x 34 inches approx) in size so I used Photoshop to enlarge my chosen design and printed it in black on A4 pieces of copy paper and glued them together to the size I wanted then roughly painted it with the colours of the original. I've put it up on a wall for a few days to look at each time I pass to make sure I've chosen the right one and to decide how I am going to translate it into embroidery.
Funny thing last night as I was trying to get to sleep some ideas came to me so I'll be doing some sample over the next few days.
A4 photocopy the larger version I printed as a draft is a lot lighter
so I could paint onto it with my chosen colours