Sunday, 8 August 2010

Chapter 10 continued

UPDATE
I played with this design in Photoshop


and using perspective I've come up with this version which I think will work quite nicely.


Sian suggests I use a bit more blue instead of the green in it.  So using Photoshop again I changed the green to blue, but I think it needs to be a combination of both colours.


Now I've just got to convert this design into an embroidered Wall hanging.

I dyed cotton for the background.  I'd hoped it would be more mottled than it turned out so I used some discharge paste to stamp the pattern I'd used on the coloured paper.


Samples for Background layer


Discharged sample as base for further samples


Sample 1 gathered


Sample 1 with soluble lace


Sample 2


Sample 2 with Soluble Lace

Perhaps machine stitch Sample 1 before gathering as well???

Samples for Top Layer


Sample 1 machine stitched organza over cotton (separate)


Sample 2 machine stitched organza over cotton (separate)


Sample 3 machine stitched organza over cotton 
(stitched together)


Sample 3 with parts of organza melted away

I'm leaning towards Sample 3.

No comments: