..... and this is how it turned out. I've had to put it on the floor to photograph it as I envisage it being hung from hooks on a wall. As my theme was the hose pipe ban in the North West of England I used a piece of hose pipe through the fabric loops which would then hang from the hooks.
I wanted to use spiral wires to suspend the blue parts so it looks as if they where floating over the background but when I came to hold it up they flopped so I had to stitch some beads occasionally to hold them on to the background but I still think it works.
I used hand dyed cotton in blues and greens then machine stitched blue organza on top. I cut the shapes out then used my soldering iron to cut away parts of the organza to show the fabric underneath before attaching to stiff adhesive backed fabric.
close up a
close up b
close up c
The background is hand dyed then I discharged spirals before machine stitching in the space in between. I was going to gather the fabric but it didn't work so I undid it.
close up of background
close up discharge pattern and stitching